Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quotes from the bathroom

All while taking his afternoon poo...
"MOM?"
"Yea, bud?"
"I know today is Martin Luther King's birthday"
(thinking to myself...is it?)
"That's terrific, sweetie! He was a very special man"
"I know how he died too"
"Oh? Really. Hmmmm" (not a lot of gun talk around these parts)
"I told Hayden about it too"
a bit startled by this one "Uh, oh, you did? What did you tell him?"
"That he died like Abraham Lincoln. I know his shooter's name but not the name of the Martin Luther Kings shooter. Do you know what it is?"
(hell no)
"Hmm, no sweetie, I'll have to look it up"
"People who shoot people have to go to jail"
"Yes, they do"
"Is there a jail for kids?"
"Well, yes, kind of. For really bad kids"
"For like kids who hit their Moms"
"Yes, for kids who do really bad things"
"Like JC" (naughty kid in his class)
"Well, I'm not sure JC has to go to jail for the things he's done, but I guess you never know."
So, apparently while chopping wood in the forest, our two boys are discussing the life and death of Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King.
I guess it's better than who's poo is bigger??

No comments: